When you click List Cases in FogBugz, you don’t see every single case in the system: you only see cases that match your current filter.
Your filter is remembered until you change it, even when you log on from another computer or browser.
To see fewer cases, you can refine a filter, adding a criterion, by clicking on the name of the filter:
You can also search within filters by expanding the “Search for” option.
To change or remove a criterion, click on the underlined term:
There are number of controls that will help you manipulate and manage your filters:
- The Save control lets you save a filter with a name. After you have saved it, it appears in the Filters menu at the top of the screen. Saving a filter also saves which columns are selected, and the sort order. Additionally, once a filter is saved, you can share the filter with other FogBugz users.
- The Select Columns control determines which columns appear in the current filter.
- Under the More menu, you will find the following controls
- The RSS Feed control (available in the More drop-down menu) provides a link to an RSS feed for the current filter which you can use in your RSS aggregator. RSS feeds are only available when you have saved the filter.
- The Permanent Link control (also available in the More drop-down menu) reloads the page with a URL that fully describes the current filter in the querystring. This allows you to provide another user with a link to the exact same filter.
- The Export Cases to Excel control will export the cases in your current filter to a CSV file, readable by Excel. Note that this will export the table as you see it in the filter, including the order of the columns and cases. It will not include all the events of each case. If you want to export additional information, check out the FogBugz XML API.
- The Case View Control control will adjust how the results of the filter are displayed.
When you are looking at a list of cases in grid view, you can:
- Rearrange columns, by dragging the column header left and right.
- Sort by a column by clicking on the column header; reverse sort by clicking it again. Tip: To sort by two or three terms, click the column headers in reverse order. For example, to sort by area first, and by priority within each area, click on the Priority header and then the Area header.
- Change the width of a column by dragging the thin gray separator between two column headers.
- Autosize a column to the minimum width necessary to show everything, by double-clicking on the thin gray separator to the right of the column header.
Keep in mind that you can also use the search box at the top right to search FogBugz for any text in a case or use the powerful set of Search Axes to find what you are looking for. You can even mix-and-match search terms into a filter!
For a given filter, just click on the Refine Further: menu to bring up the drop-down, then select the Search for item and add any search you want.